Rules of the Red Hill’s Small Farm Alliance Online Farmer’s Market
All Members of the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance Online Farmer’s Market must agree to be bound by the following Rules (which Rules may be modified at any time by the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance) and by applying to become a Member agree to be so bound:
For the Consumer
1) Each order placed by a customer is a legally enforceable contract. If a customer fails to pickup an order, the customer is still obligated to pay for the items in the order.
2) Our pick-up day team will inspect and pack all orders prior to pickup. In the even that product gets damaged during packing or is found to be of poor quality, we will provide a store credit to the customer, provided that the unacceptable goods are reported upon inspection at the market.
3) Our goal is to provide the highest quality produce, and we require our member farmers to deliver market-grade products. The customer understands that since many of our farmers do not use pesticides or herbicides, fruits and vegetables may have cosmetic inconsistencies (i.e., produce will not look "perfect").
For the Farmer
1) Sellers must reside and produce the items they sell within a 100-mile radius of Tallahassee, Florida.
2) Sellers must be the original producer of all items being sold. No buying and reselling of produce or other products are allowed.
3) The seller's farm or business must be visited by representatives of the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance before his/her application will be considered for approval.
4) Sellers must pay a $25.00 annual market registration fee to the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance in order to be able to participate in the online market.
5) Prices must be posted for all items sold.
6) Products, which can be sold, include:
a. Any vegetable grown by the seller from seeds, sets, or seedlings.
b. Any fruits, nuts or berries grown by the seller from trees, bushes, or vines on the seller’s farm.
c. Any plant grown by the seller from seed, seedling, transplant or cutting.
d. Bulbs propagated by the seller.
e. Eggs produced by the seller's poultry.
f. Honey produced by the seller's bees.
g. Fresh (not frozen) baked goods made by the seller. All baked goods must be wrapped.
h. Preserves, relishes, jams, jellies, etc. and low risk processed foods, made by the seller in a certified and inspected kitchen. No "low-acid" canned foods such as green beans, corn, peas, carrots, etc. may be sold. High Acid or Acidified foods (pickles, tomato products, etc.) may be sold if the seller has passed the FDA certification course. A copy of their certification must be on file with the market manager.
i. Fresh cut or dried flowers grown by the seller.
j. Fish, meat, cheese, and milk from animals raised on the vendor's premises. and produced in accordance with Florida Law. Raw milk may not be sold through the market.
7) All produce must be of top quality. Market manager reserves the right to turn away produce deemed unacceptable.
8) All prepared food items, meat, fish, eggs and cheese sold must meet state and local health regulations including the inspection of the prepared foods seller's kitchens by NCDA health inspectors and labeling in compliance with the regulations. Sellers must have a copy of their inspection form on file with the market manager, as well as with them when selling at market. No water or ice that comes into contact with meat or fish may be deposited or allowed to drain onto the market premises.
9) All items sold as certified organic must meet the requirements of the National Organic Program. Sellers of certified organic items must have a copy of their certification on file with the market manager as well as with them when selling at market. Only certified organic growers may display signs using the term certified organic.
10) No animals may be sold or given away at the market.
11) All Sellers are responsible to the ultimate customers for the quality and freshness of all items that they sell.
12) All Sellers, by becoming a member of the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance Online Farmer’s Market, agree to indemnify the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance against any liability for any claims or damages resulting from that Seller’s products sold, including all attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by the Red Hills Small Farm Alliance in defending itself from any such claim.
13) A service fee of 6% will be added to each transaction made through the online market to cover operational costs.